Promoting Sexual Health
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This course provides highlights of a technical consultation with experts in the field of sexual health convened by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CDC sought current perspectives on the topic to inform their work in the area. This meeting was the first of a series of conversations held with a broad range of stakeholders. This course is a summary of the meeting’s proceedings and reflects the views of meeting attendees.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Summarize the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vision to promote a health-based approach that addresses sexual behavior across the lifespan.
2. Discuss international efforts to advance sexual health efforts as well as action to promote sexual health within the United States.
3. Identify research findings that provide insight into human sexuality and sexual health problems.
4. Describe social and cultural challenges that affect the sexual well-being of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) individuals.
5. Review characteristics of sexual happiness and strategies to increase healthy, responsible, and respectful sexual behaviors and attitudes.
6. Outline how positive attitudes toward sexual health can be encouraged through faith-based initiatives connecting communities and individuals.
7. Examine effective educational, preventive, screening, treatment, and support services that promote sexual health.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2014-10-15