Pharmacologic Treatment for PTSD and Opioid Use Disorders
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Individuals with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders (COD) are common in behavioral health and primary health settings. These individuals frequently benefit from pharmacologic interventions, whether for mental disorders, substance use disorders, or both. As a companion to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) General Principles for the Use of Pharmacological Agents to Treat Individuals with Co-Occurring Mental and Substance Use Disorders, this document provides guidelines for pharmacologic interventions for individuals with PTSD and co-occurring opioid use disorders.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the prevalence of PTSD in adults in the United States, as well as the co-occurrence of PTSD and substance use disorders.
2. Outline various psychosocial and pharmacologic interventions for treating PTSD in individuals with opioid disorders.
3. Identify the use of specific medications to treat PTSD and opioid dependence.
4. Discuss polysubstance abuse in those with opioid dependence and PTSD.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-02-11