Effective Treatment for People in Homelessness Rehabilitation (Updated)
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course equips those who provide services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who need or are in substance abuse or mental illness treatment with guidelines to support their care. This course also discusses prevention and treatment as part of integrated care.
Article Author: Authors: Hunter L. McQuistion, M.D., Jennifer Frey, Ph.D., Jesse B. Milby, Jr., Ph.D., Douglas J. Warn, LCSW-R, Debbie Fisk, LCSW, Kelvin M. Silver, M.Ed., LCPC, LCADC, CRC, NCC; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate strategies a counselor could use to identify the most pressing issues and help the client stay focused on those issues.
2. Explain the Housing First model.
3. Investigate appropriate ways to intervene with a client who is being disruptive in a public place.
4. Examine how to engage people who are living on the street.
5. Provide the benefit of using the technique “over-reflecting.”
6. Describe what a counselor should do when working with a client who is overwhelmed.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-07-13