Florida Nursing Laws and Rules
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
A review of Florida Laws and Rules this CE course includes content on Florida Law and Rules Chapters 456 and 464 of the Florida Statutes and the rules in Title 64B9 of the Florida Administrative Code. This CE course is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for CE Renewal with immediate reporting of CE hours to CE Broker.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss specific Florida laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
2. Identify various levels of nursing practice in Florida and the general scope of practice of each.
3. Discuss the general requirements for continuing nursing licensure in Florida.
4. Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
5. Discuss any pertinent discipline related to nursing practice.
6. Be able to plan for career maintenance and ongoing development.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-09-10