Environmental Strategies to Prevent Alcohol Problems on College Campuses
$25.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Prevention directed at the environment generally relies on public policies (e.g., laws, rules, regulations) and other community-level interventions both to limit access to alcohol and to alter the culture and contexts within which decisions about alcohol use are made. This course describes how environmental management can change campus and community conditions in order to reduce the opportunities for illegal and dangerous alcohol use among students.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss challenges faced and preventative measures used to curtail alcohol problems on college campuses.
2. Describe how environmental management can change campus conditions in order to reduce illegal and dangerous alcohol use among students.
3. Identify strategies used by colleges to combat substance abuse such as institutional policies, parental notification, alcohol-free alternatives and Responsible Beverage Service.
4. Determine ways in which faculty, administrators, and law enforcement can help establish positive social norms and expectations on campus regarding student alcohol use.
5. Evaluate the necessity of collaboration between campus and community officials to discourage high-risk and excessive drinking while fostering safe and healthy environments
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-02-11