Eating Disorders and Osteoporosis
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
***This course will be expiring on 11/29/2022. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This course examines: the guidelines for achieving optimal health with diet, exercise, and body composition; osteopenia and osteoporosis; how to maintain bone health; the characterization and statistics of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge-eating disorder, night-eating syndrome, and eating disorders not otherwise specified; the female athlete triad; making the connection on how eating disorders lead to osteoporosis; the recommended treatment for osteoporosis when it is related to eating disorders; and maintaining bone health.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the health consequences that will arise when a person drops below the minimum ‘essential’ body fat percentage.
2. Explain the primary role of each macronutrient in the diet and the negative health results from severely decreasing or eliminating an entire macronutrient group.
3. Investigate the characterizations of the individual eating disorders and the prevalence of each as seen among the different ages and genders in the population.
4. Compare and contrast the different treatments used for treating eating disorder related osteoporosis and which treatments are favored for long-term health of the patient.
5. Examine the female athlete triad and how it relates to many of those with eating disorders.
6. Scrutinize how fracture risk relates to each decrease of one standard deviation in bone density.
7. Describe the capacity of reversing bone density loss as it relates to eating disorders.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-10-10