Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment (Updated)
$45.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Regardless of setting or level of care, the goals of detoxification are to provide safe and humane withdrawal from substances and to foster the patient’s entry into long-term treatment and recovery. This CE course provides the core concepts of the detoxification field, discusses the primary goals of detoxification services, and highlights issues involved with providing detoxification within systems of care. In addition, the criteria for placing patients in appropriate treatment settings, the psychological and biomedical issues that may affect detoxification and ensuing treatment, and treatment regimens for specific substances are discussed.
Article Author: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment [CSAT], Norman Miller, M.D., FASAM, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the signs and symptoms of conditions that require immediate medical attention.
2. Investigate the essential components that make up the detoxification process.
3. Examine the specific themes of historical and clinical importance to least restrictive care.
4. Scrutinize the only time when ambulatory detoxification is considered appropriate.
5. Define the domain of detoxification.
6. Elucidate the requisite skills and knowledge base for assessing and treating patients undergoing detoxification.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-06-19