Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Treatment Planning
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides information on: engaging clients; familiarizing clients and their families with treatment and evaluation processes; endorsing collaboration in interviews, assessments, and treatment planning; integrating culturally relevant information and themes; gathering culturally relevant collateral information; selecting culturally appropriate screening and assessment tools; determining readiness and motivation for change; providing culturally responsive case management; and incorporating cultural factors into treatment planning.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Andrea Kopstein, Ph.D., M.P.H., Karl D. White, Ed.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
Note: This course was extracted from SAMHSA’s (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Treatment Improvement Protocol Manual #59 Improving Cultural Competence. Please refer to the original manual for references and appendices.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the aspects that are entailed in the planning and evaluation of cultural responsiveness.
2. Enumerate gestures that establish a first impression with a client and begin building the therapeutic relationship.
3. Investigate the rate that racially and ethnically diverse clients end treatment or counseling after one visit with a mental health practitioner and why this happens.
4. Compare and contrast the different stages of the classic transtheoretical model of change.
5. Examine the client’s views during the evaluation and treatment planning process.
6. Elucidate the questions that culturally competent evaluations should always include.
7. Identify the roles that are involved in case management.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-11-12