Case Management and Substance Abuse Treatment (Revised)
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA CE Credit for: Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, CVSS II
CEU Course Description
This CEU course is designed to establish a common starting point for case management work with substance abusers by providing interventions to help substance abusers access needed social services, as well as discussing the competencies necessary to implement case management functions and the relationship between those functions and the substance abuse treatment continuum.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate basic prerequisites of effective practice.
2. Investigate the reasons that a strengths perspective of case management has been selected for work with substance abusers.
3. Examine the type of clients for which brokerage-only services works best.
4. Identify the vocational skills that clients must have in order to reach the ultimate goal of independence.
5. Describe how client reluctance to enter into services can be reduced.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-01-01