Assessment and Treatment of Adults with Substance Use Disorders
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course has been developed for treatment providers of adults who may have substance use disorders and referred to the behavioral health system. This CE course is specifically targeted for provider agency staff who need to complete assessments using the ASAM PPC criteria, participate in the service planning process, provide therapy, case management and other clinical services, or supervise staff that provide these services to adults with substance use disorders.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss what much of the money spent on health-related drug abuse costs is spent on instead of on identifying and intervening early in emerging cases of drug abuse or treating individuals with substance use disorders.
2. Examine how substance use disorder treatment fits in to the rest of the healthcare system and how this may impact the successful treatment of patients needing it.
3. Describe the four features that characterize ASAM patient placement criteria.
4. Investigate the key principles that should form the basis of any effective substance use disorder assessment program using ASAM PPC criteria.
5. Explain the criteria according to the ASAM PPC-2R which identifies patient continued stay.
6. Elucidate how to determine when an individual with substance use disorder can be treated at a different level of care or discharged from treatment.
7. Describe the outcomes of the motivation-enhancing approach and how this has long-lasting positive results for the patient’s life and the lives of those around them.
Date Added: 2014-08-04
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.