MFT Ethics (California)
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This short Ethics course is based upon the most recent Code of Ethics published by CAMFT (California Marriage and Family Therapists). CAMFT is currently revising it's code and this course will be updated when it has been released. The CE Course includes applicable California law which governs California Marriage and Family Therapists, Supervisors, Educators, Interns, Students & Trainees.
Author: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist Board of Ethics. The Code of Ethics is copyrighted and has been reprinted with the permission of CAMFT. For more information regarding CAMFT, please log on to www.camft.org
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the role of marriage and family therapists in advancing the welfare of families and individuals, in respecting their rights, and in ensuring their confidentiality.
2. Identify the steps that marriage and family therapists take to maintain high standards of professional competence and integrity.
3. Describe how marriage and family therapists make sure not to exploit the trust and dependency of students and supervisees and communicate with and about colleagues in a respectful and fair manner.
4 Summarize strategies that therapists use to maintain responsibility to research participants, the profession, and the legal system.
5 Evaluate the scope of authority of the ethics committee as well as procedures for investigating and acting on ethical complaints.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2018-07-07