Telehealth Care in Behavioral Health: Case Vignettes
$27.50 | CE Hours:5.50 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 11/29/2022. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CE Course Description
Technology-based therapeutic tools are becoming widely used in behavioral health services. This CE course provides counselor-client dialog to facilitate learning, along with comments from the point of view of an experienced clinician about the strategies used, possible alternative techniques, and insights into what the client or prospective client may be thinking. Step-by-step information on how to implement a specific intervention is also included.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 60. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4924. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2015. A full bibliography and list of panel contributors of this evidence-based treatment manual can be seen from the original document retrieved from: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-60-Using-Technology-Based-Therapeutic-Tools-in-Behavioral-Health-Services/SMA15-4924
CE Course Objectives
1. Exhibit an understanding of the seven primary issues to consider in developing a web-based outreach and early intervention program and their relevance to technology-based therapeutic tools
2. Enumerate the four advantages and the four disadvantages of using Web-based programs in counseling
3. Exhibit knowledge of the three specific behavioral health situations in which Web-based programs in counseling can be contraindicated
4. Identify eight rules that help minimize issues arising in telephone and video conferencing groups
6. List 6 steps involved in setting up a space to work with an interpreter of the deaf
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-10-11