Homelessness Among Special Populations - Elderly, Incarcerated, Rural, and Transgender Individuals
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 04/30/2020. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides health care professionals with the knowledge and understanding on the following topics: differences in pathways into homelessness, health care utilization, age-specific clinical issues; the health impact of incarceration; the role of housing first, jail inreach, and re-entry programs; challenges in identifying unstably housed transgender individuals; prevalent health issues; service access barriers; the changing rural landscape; and promising practices in service delivery in the context of rural settings.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the sub-groups within the homeless population that have a more widespread incarceration history.
2. Explain the clinical implications research has identified that needs to be addressed when working with older and elderly homeless populations.
3. Investigate the contextual factors that cause homelessness amongst transgender youth and identify which is most common.
4. Compare and contrast the four categories of barriers to service access for the transgendered population.
5. Examine why recognition of rural homelessness is limited.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-01