Physical Detoxification from Substances
$45.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
This course will be expiring on 11/29/2023. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.
Please note this course is not NAADAC-approved because it exceeds the 8-hour daily limit.
CE Course Overview
This course, a chapter extracted from Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series, No. 45. Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Rockville (MD): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, highlights specific treatment regimens for specific substances and provides guidance on the medical, nursing, and social services aspects of these treatments. Substances covered are alcohol, benzodiazepines and other sedative- hypnotics, stimulants, inhalants-solvents, nicotine, THC containing drugs, anabolic steroids, and club drugs. It also includes what should be considered for specific populations.It also contains definitions for technical terms related to the topic.
CE Course Objectives
1) Be able to identify symptoms of intoxication with and withdrawal from the substances covered in this course.
2) Understand the pros and cons of managing detoxification with and without medications, and be able to determine the best approach for most situations.
3) Be familiar with the most common medications used to manage symptoms of withdrawal from the substances covered in the course.
4) Know the benefits and drawbacks of drugs used to manage withdrawal symptoms.
5) Know and be prepared for common medical complications associated with detoxification from the substances covered in the course.
6) Be able to assist in the support of people undergoing a detoxification process.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-10-04