Psychotherapeutic Medication Guidelines for Adults
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Advanced*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CE Course Description
This CE course provides evidence-based recommendations for prescribing psychotherapeutic medication to treat severe mental illness, specifically bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, and schizophrenia, and to inform and support health care professionals in making treatment decisions that maximize benefit and minimize harm to patients.
Article Author: The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the principles of pharmacotherapy during pregnancy.
2. Explain a proper antipsychotic trial sequence.
3. Elucidate the primary goals of bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, and schizophrenia care.
4. Identify which medication is insufficiently efficacious in adults with bipolar depression.
5. Describe what initial treatment of schizophrenia should include.