Mental Health and Substance Abuse Parity
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides background on key developments in parity, explains what MHPAEA and the ACA require, discusses the impact of recent parity policy changes, and offers an overview of enforcement activities. Also included are recommendations offered by the Task Force to advance parity in mental health and substance use disorder health benefits.
Article Author: Executive Office of the President of the United States
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what is recognized by the May 2016 Medicaid managed care final rule.
2. Explain why parity in NQTLs can be difficult to assess.
3. Investigate the consequences for people with mental health and substance abuse conditions without effective treatment.
4. Identify the condition for which the prevalence is lower among the individuals who received Medicaid coverage.
5. Describe the roles of the 2008 parity law and its implementing regulations.